When UCC Launched 20 ICT Clubs
Between 18th June and 18th July, 2018 a team of KAWA members traversed the country reaching out to each of the 20 secondary schools. The KAWA team delivered a talks and engaged in conversations with some of the club members. Some of the students enthusiastically shared their learning project works that they already were embarking on.
The KAWA team handed to each club about 100 T-Shirts branded in UCC logos, and a pair of Samsung Galaxy tablets donated by UCC for implementing club activities.
The pilot project is UCC’s long term commitment to supporting clubs in maintenance and basic repairs of computers and accessories in their respective schools.
Objectives of the Project
- Building in the students the skills of using ICT more effectively and responsibly.
- Enabling creativity, innovation, critical thinking and problem-solving mentality
- Being able to integrate ICT in mainstream disciplines, other clubs and schools’
activities for learning purposes.
- Engaging learners in programs and activities that develop a sense of global
citizenship. Being able to purposefully network, collaborate and work as a team.
- Becoming peer learners that guide and support fellow students in learning
and effective use of ICT in education.
- Empowering learners to address real issues affecting their communities and
finding solutions to them through innovative learning projects.
- Developing a sense of ownership of and taking part in maintenance of equipment of their respective ICT departments.